Independent Channel Sales Manager – Remote / Travel Required
Salary: Competitive / Negotiable (DOE)
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Remote / Travel Required
We are seeking Independent Channel Sales Managers to help us deliver an aggressive 2021 Sales Plan. Reporting to the Head of Independent Channel, you will be responsible for driving product growth and sales in independent outlets and wholesalers. The role is full time. Experienced in Independent retail (ethnic foods advantageous), you will be responsible for contacting clients, up-selling on existing orders, driving sales and building relationships. You will need to be able to communicate to the highest standard, be engaging and of course be incredible at sales and closing the deal! These are remote roles with regional responsibility therefore travel is an essential component. A Company car (or mileage reclaim) is provided with a requirement to visit head offices in Harwich, Essex on a regular basis.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for a range of ethnic food sales into independent outlets.
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth year on year for key assigned accounts.
- Maintain thorough understanding of each customer, main competitors and develop strategic initiatives.
- Having full autonomy and accountability of account management
- Liaise with members of the organisation to ensure service levels are maintained
- Ability to manage relationships with clients on a professional basis.
- To provide periodic ongoing reports to Head of Independent Channel
- Assist with promotional activities and NPD.
- Take new products to the market.
- Ensure KPI’s are monitored on an ongoing basis.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Track record in developing accounts and delivering results
- Experienced in Independent retail (ethnic foods advantageous)
- A good head for figures and an analytical approach to sales and margins
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and ambition together with a genuine team spirit attitude
- A professional and likeable personality able to quickly build relationships with customers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- FMCG knowledge is essential
- A desire to grow and develop
If you possess these qualities and are looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for progression, we would love to hear from you.