IT Infrastructure Apprentice – Harwich & Colchester, Essex.
Title: IT Infrastructure Apprentice
Rate of Pay: Current Apprentice Rate: £3.90 per hour increasing to £4.15 per hour in April 2020.
Status: Full Time, Minimum 12 month term.
Reporting to: Head of IT
The success of Flying Trade Group is built on three core values – service, value and quality.
As a family run group we focus on delivering excellent customer service, together with fantastic quality products and services at great prices, across all the sectors we operate within. These values have enabled our business to thrive and grow rapidly in recent years despite challenging economic times. Over the last decade Flying Trade Group has attained a prominent position across some of the UK’s leading business sectors.
Surya Foods is now firmly established as a major player in the world food sector, and boasts the enviable position one of the largest suppliers of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
Meanwhile Surya Hotel’s expanding hotel portfolio currently features some of the UK’s most beautiful niche hotels. Interests in the leisure and construction sectors also form an important part of our UK business.
We are recruiting, for an IT Infrastructure Apprentice, primarily based at our Head Office in Harwich, Essex.
Responsible for supporting and dealing with 1st line support incidents raised by all users across the group. Incidents may be raised by telephone, in-person or via email – at which point, all need to be logged on our helpdesk ticketing system and prioritised accordingly.
This interesting and diverse role will provide exposure to all aspects of IT infrastructure and support across our varied business units, all with their own unique requirements, configurations and issues.
The successful applicant will show clear ability to interpret user reported incidents, appreciate potential impacts and decide next steps i.e. can this be resolved at the 1st line, should this be escalated to 2nd or 3rd line, or external partners for resolution.
Joining a small local team responsible for support of all Flying Trade Group subsidiaries, the successful applicant will be required to have a clean driving licence and a willingness to travel to group sites as and when required in support of specific infrastructure projects or user incidents. A company pool car will be provided on an ad-hoc basis for this travel at no expense to the successful applicant.
In addition, the successful applicant will be able to;
- Serve as a first point of contact for all users on behalf of the IT department as a whole
- Assist with fault finding of network and infrastructure issues across our varied sites
- Work with partners to remedy issues, install new cabling, equipment and infrastructure services
- Pro-actively monitor the performance of installed hardware including desktop PCs, laptops, printers, Wifi access points, CCTV systems etc.
- Ensure company asset register is maintained and kept up to date
- Assist with support of company ERP systems (Access Supply Chain and Delta Warehouse Management System)
- Ensure that company policies are being adhered to, including:
- IT Security
- Email and Internet usage
- Mobile Device usage
- Reporting any suspicion of non-compliance
- Monitor cloud management services to enable early identification of hardware or network alarms that require investigation and resolution
- Carry out daily backup checks and proactively monitor our support ticketing system
- Able to evidence a solid understanding of Windows operating systems and MS Office products
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to diagnose hardware issues/replace/upgrade hardware (HDD, RAM, SSD etc.)
- Ability to understand network topology
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Knowledge of Windows Server enterprise environments
- Knowledge of Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Experience of VM environments