IT Network Administrator – Harwich / Colchester, Essex.
Title: IT Network Administrator / Assistant
Location: Primarily Harwich/Colchester, Essex + Onsite support to sister sites therefore some travel involved.
Salary: Competitive & Negotiable – Dependent Upon Skills and Experience
Status: Full Time / Permanent
As a family run group we focus on delivering excellent customer service, together with quality products and services at great prices, across all the sectors we operate within. Our values have enabled our business to thrive and grow rapidly in recent years despite challenging economic times. Over the last decade the group has attained a prominent position across some of the UK’s leading business sectors.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for an IT Network Administrator. The role primarily involves the ability to effectively respond to IT related enquiries undertaking fault diagnostics and provide resolution across all areas of IT including Soft Ware, Hard Ware and Network. The role is hands on and requires varied skills and knowledge.
The successful applicant will show clear ability in being able to deal with incidents as they come in and demonstrating whether the incident can be resolved at the 1st line opportunity before making the decision to escalate.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate capability of time management skills as they will be expected to deal with jobs in a timely manner.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for the 1st line support of the subsidiaries within the group therefore, you will be required to have a clean driving license and have willingness to travel to other sites as and when required. A company pool car will be provided on an ad-hoc basis for this travel at no expense to the successful applicant, occasional evening and weekend support may be required as part of the role.
Skills / Duties:
- Working Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Macintosh.
- MS Office, Adobe, Office 365.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Networking, Routing, Switching and Wi-Fi Access Points.
- Knowledge of Firewalls, Antivirus, DLP and other basic security tools and technologies.
- Basic Understanding of Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Backup and Restore.
- Hardware troubleshooting of Servers, Desktops, Printers and other IT Equipment.
- Working knowledge of Printers, Active Directory, User Management, and other routine IT tasks.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar IT support role
- Experience diagnosing software/hardware faults
- Confidence in ability to support users both in person and on the phone/remotely
- Ability to upgrade hardware
- Experience of Windows 10 and MS Office 2007 – 2016 and 365 applications
- Experience with software development is advantageous
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn
- Team orientated
- Process driven with a methodical mind-set
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to non-technical colleagues
- Clear thinking and problem solving ability
- Ability to work in sometimes busy and pressured environments
- Customer Service: Minimum 1 year (Required)
- Technical Support: Minimum 1 year (Required)
- Previous IT problem solving experience and/or formal IT qualification/s and training (Required)
- Full driving licence for regular visits off-site to fulfil role (Required)
- Occasional flexibility with working days/hours (Required)
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to work with excellent people in a growing Company, then we would love to hear from you.