IT Network Support Engineer – Harwich/Colchester, Essex.
- Location: Primarily Harwich/Colchester, Essex + Onsite support as required to sister sites (Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk & Surrey) therefore travel is required.
- Salary: Competitive & Negotiable – Dependent Upon Skills and Experience.
- Status: Full Time / Permanent.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis for a IT/ Network Support Engineer. This hands on role will encompass all aspects of IT and network support.
A calm, logical and customer focused approach with an open honest communication style is a must. Working closely with the IT Support Team to provide appropriate support, advice and guidance to our users across all our sites.
Working with the Managing Director to develop, design and deliver infrastructure projects across the group that will ensure technology keeps pace with the future aspirations of the business as well as prioritising more immediate tactical projects to resolve issues or risks to service continuity.
The successful applicant will show clear ability to manage incidents as they are reported, assisting users groups and the wider IT team to identify underlying issues, consider remedial actions and resolve issues as quickly as possible.
Given the diverse nature of the business it is imperative that the successful candidate can appreciate business impact and priority to help our team respond in the most appropriate, efficient way. Clear, concise communication in a language that user groups can understand will be key to ensuring expectations are managed effectively and incidents are escalated as required.
The successful applicant will assist in support of all sites across the group, therefore will be required to have a clean driving license and a willingness to travel to our sites as and when required to assess the IT estate, plan future enhancements or resolve immediate issues. A company pool car will be provided on an ad-hoc basis for this travel at no expense to the successful applicant therefore applicants should possess a full clean driving licence.
Due to the nature of the role and impact IT outages may have on business areas, occasional evening and weekend support may be required to deliver effective support in the event of a failure or as part of scheduled preventative maintenance work.
Skills / Duties:
- Work closely with overseas IT Support Team
- Provides multi-site IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users
- Offer troubleshooting, support, and repair guidance when IT equipment or networks malfunction
- Provides phone, video conference, remote session, or in-person support, depending on user location and nature of support requirement
- Ability to ask directed questions regarding equipment and networks to effective assess IT issues, escalates and engages partners as necessary
- Assists Network Administrator with fault finding and onsite activities to resolve issues
- Assists wider teams across the business to enable IT resource to be used most effectively
- Documents daily tasks, training, and support sessions to inform the department and organisation better regarding IT support needs
- Maintains records of hardware and software inventory
- Assists with maintaining information security through controlled hardware or software installation and staff education
- Follows emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failures when necessary and protects data and security
- Takes account of business impacts, prioritising tasks and resources accordingly
- Stays updated regarding new technology through industry news, alerts and bulletins
- Works with Managing Director to drive greater efficiency, reliability and security of infrastructure services
- Windows Server 2008(+R2)/2012(+R2)/2016/2019
- Office365 Windows Desktop (7/8/8.1/10)
- Active Directory / Group Policy
- DNS / DHCP
- IIS & Certificate Services
- Network configuration – Firewall, Routing, VPN etc.
- WiFi networks and Cellular Technologies
- Voip Telephony Exposure
- VMWare & Veeam
- Appreciation of Information Security & GDPR
- Desktop AV solutions and management
- Hardware and software fault finding and resolution
- 5 Years in client-facing hands-on technical role (Required)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (Required)
- Positive / can-do attitude & confident dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Passion for IT, technology, fault finding and resolution
- 5 or more GCSE’s including English & Maths
- Full driving licence for regular visits to sister sites (Required)
- Occasional flexibility with working days/hours (Required)
- Free Staff Parking
- Staff Discounts (after successful probation)
- Company Pension Scheme