Junior Buyer (Food Manufacturing) – Harwich, Essex
- Location: Harwich, Essex
- Role: Junior Buyer
- Job Type: Full Time / Permanent – Monday to Friday 9-6pm
- Salary: Competitive/Negotiable (DOE)
If you’re a procurement graduate, junior looking to step into a fast-paced role with exposure to various categories with the view to progress to Buyer in the next 18-24 months then please apply.
Surya Foods is now firmly established as a major player in the world food sector, and boasts the enviable position of being one of the largest suppliers of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
As a result of continued growth we are looking to expand our existing supply chain and procurement function. This role would suit someone who is new to the buying function or has some experience in the field and keen to learn and develop.
Working out of our 11 acre head office site in Harwich, Essex, we are recruiting for a Junior Buyer. There is terrific growth opportunity with career prospects for the successful candidate.
- Producing reports via Excel and internal reporting tools
- Supporting the Senior Buyers and Head of Procurement with Data Analysis & Reporting (e.g. monthly KPI)
- Building strategic partnerships with the key suppliers
- Maintaining manageable stock levels working collaboratively internally and externally on consignment stocked items and developing a well-rounded understanding of material requirements planning (MRP)
- Driving improvements in purchasing efficiencies
- Sharing forecasts with suppliers on a weekly and monthly basis
- Experience working in procurement, possibly as a junior buyer or senior administrator (min. 2 years)
- Experience of Masterdata requirements of “Procurement to Pay” process
- Experience within the food industry
- Understanding of purchasing management
- Experience of strategic and tactical development; sourcing and buying · Budget planning
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Staff Benefits / Discounts
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Staff discounts at any one of our Surya Hotels (accommodation and food up to 50% off)
If you have the relevant skills and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.
Please note candidates must be able to demonstrate right to work in the UK for this role.