Junior Sales Executive (Field Based) UK
- Salary: £20K – £25K DOE
- Status: Full time /Permanent
- Location: Remote / Field Based with requirement to visit head office, Harwich, Essex for Sales meetings.
Are you looking to start an exciting career within FMCG? Are you young and ambitious and want to build a career within Sales?
If you’re super ambitious with a passion for food and want to work for one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK, then this could be for you!
You’ll be consistently challenged, pushed to look from different perspectives and encouraged to utilise a creative mindset to maximise business potential.
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, alongside over 1000 independent accounts in the UK.
With a range of over 2,000 products available, Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK’s top 10 (Laila, Salaam & Apna – Nielsen 2017), represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies, as well as its own popular house-brands, including Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for 2 to 3 recent Graduates with a passion for Sales and a passion for the Food Industry.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate right to work in the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for a range of ethnic food sales into independent outlets.
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth year on year for key assigned accounts.
- Maintain thorough understanding of each customer, main competitors and develop strategic initiatives.
- Liaise with members of the organisation to ensure service levels are maintained
- Ability to manage relationships with clients on a professional basis.
- To create and provide ongoing reports to the MD to support National and International Sales
- Provide constant support to National Account Managers / Business Development Managers and Sales Representatives in the UK & Internationally
- Assist with promotional activities and NPD (New Product Development)
- Take new products to the market.
- Ensure KPI’s are monitored on an ongoing basis
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential
- Competent in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication skills
- Friendly and outgoing nature with an approachable persona
- Creative and commercial thinking
- Very organised and able to deal with a face paced and sometimes pressurised environment.
- Able to use own initiative / self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to be motivated working with little supervision
- A desire to grow and develop
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Online payslips
- Pension contribution
- Staff Discounts after 6 months’ service