Lamination Operator, Full-Time – Pershore, WR10.
Modern Packaging is expanding its team!! In conjunction with its large growth plans in the flexible packaging sector.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £170-million and operates in over 40 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands.
As part of our continued drive for growth we will be expanding our operations producing flexible films in Pershore.
Salary: Competitive / Dependent on Experience
Hours: This position involves working a Continental Shift pattern (which will include working weekends and nights) of on average, 39 hours per week.
- Identifies and ensures that proper materials are used for production
- Ensures mistakes are not made and materials match as necessary
- Manages pre-run testing of the material to ensure the correct coding weights and bond strength are applied
- Runs the proper amount of material/footage to the job order
- Completes proper checking of production and material
- Perform all required quality checks prior to producing all production orders to ensure a product can be processed at the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- Load and unload material from the laminators using defined equipment
- Install/remove laminator sleeves as required for each production order.
- Follow the production schedule as issued by production control
- Set up & Operate specific Laminating Machine according to company laminating procedures and guidelines.
- Apply proper adhesive and wind rolls according to specs.
- Job Order interpretation.
- Perform daily and periodic preventative maintenance duties specified for assigned machines/equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of machines/equipment and adjacent work area to BRC standards.
- Report quality issues to Production Manager for analysis and/or remedy
- Report all Food Safety Violations to management Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Turns on auxiliary and other equipment as needed
- Previous experience of working with lamination machines
- Knowledge of flexible materials
- Willingness to take a flexible approach to work
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure