Logistics Admin Support, Harwich, Essex
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. With a range of over 2,000 products available, Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK’s top 10 (Laila, Salaam & Apna – Nielsen 2017), represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies, as well as its own popular house-brands, including Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
We are looking for a professional and organised Logistics Admin Support to assist our busy Logistics Operations. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized and understand the order fulfilment cycle.
- Salary: Competitive/Negotiable DOE
- Status: Full time / Permanent
- Location: Site based role, Harwich, Essex
The role will involve the reporting of key performance indicators across all aspects of (planning, distribution, warehouse and logistics) to monitor operating costs, with a specific focus on the Logistics function. Typical examples are;
- Supporting the logistics team with coordinating inbound delivery bookings from suppliers, Haulier’s and internal departments.
- Support wider team during peak periods of demand with administrative tasks
- Reporting distribution / warehouse costs per pallet
- Reporting stock shrinkage/stock accuracy
- Highlighting potential issues to help efficiencies
- Create weekly and Monthly reports
- Manage daily movements with internal and external 3PL’s (third party logistics)
- Experience in the warehousing and logistics industry is preferred but not essential
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Literate in Advance Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Communication skills
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills