Logistics Administration Team Leader – Harwich, Essex
- Job Title: Logistics Team Leader
- Reporting To: Logistics Manager
- Hours of Work: Full Time / Permanent Primarily Monday to Friday (with occasional weekends)
- Salary: Dependent Upon Skills and Experience
We are looking for a Logistics Administration Team Leader to join our fast-growing FMCG business. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will deliver a consistently high standard of duties whilst aiding the Logistics Manager in our busy Transportation and Logistics Department
Some of the key duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the Logistics Manager
- Maintaining positive working relationships with peers and lead team of 10 in order to ensure consistency of service and processes.
- Receive and process orders directly from customers
- Collate and verify details on IT based systems
- Deal with customers directly over the telephone and resolve any issues
- Be a main point of contact for sales team
- Process collections from customers
- Assist drivers with delivery / dispatch requirements
- Monitor status of deliveries and collections and report as necessary
Skills / Experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years background in Logistics, preferably within a Manufacturing / FMCG environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Logistics and administration processes
- Experience ideally within a team leader position
- Strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop within the role and company
- Good attention to detail
If you possess the necessary skills and qualities required, we would love to hear from you!
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.