Logistics Container Planner, Harwich, Essex
We are looking for a Logistics Container Planner to join our fast-growing FMCG business within our Logistics Team.
- Site Based, Harwich
- Pay: Competitive/Negotiable
- 40 hours a week
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the Logistics Team by ensuring that the process from collection to arrival at final destination is fully supported by the relevant haulage documentation as well as assisting drivers with delivery /dispatch requirements.
You will also be the main support to the sales function of the business by dealing with customer queries in terms of both sales and operation.
This is a very varied role and requires flexibility, commitment, and a substantial desire to learn and grow with the flourishing business.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities include:
- Negotiations on haulage costs with 3P hauliers.
- Closing GRN (Goods Received Notices) with supply chain & warehouse manager.
- Facilitate the shipping of Containers
- Manage 3-4 drivers, dedicated for container collections. (Handball and Live Tip).
- Responsible for reducing/removing demurrage & detention costs from the business.
- Work closely with the warehouse manager to plan offloading of containers in a timely manner.
- Plan for direct deliveries of containers to 3rd party warehousing.
- Admin including, paperwork answering calls/emails relating to customer queries
- Coordinating the pallet network deliveries and enquiries
- Planning of Customer orders for own fleet and 3PL
- Ensure the Operation is fully compliant in EU legislation and internal Company procedures
- To work with the sales and operations team to ensure that high Customer Service levels are achieved and delivered to all customers you are responsible for at all times.
- Receive and process orders directly from customers
- Collate and verify details on IT based systems
- Deal with customers directly over the telephone and resolve any issues
- Be a main point of contact for sales team
- Process collections from customers
- Assist drivers with delivery / dispatch requirements
- Monitor status of deliveries and collections and report as necessary
- Support the Logistics team with administration to support holiday cover
Skills / Experience required:
- Experience of working in a similar environment is preferred
- Opportunity for career development
- Well organised
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Computer literate (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to interpret orders
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Be able to multitask
- Work well and remain professional when under pressure
- Excellent customer services skills
We’d love to hear from you!
Online application form
- Junior National Account Manager – Remote/Field/Office Based, Essex, UK Apply
- Finance Director – Harwich, Essex. Apply
- Brand Manager (Food) Harwich, Essex Apply
- Tippers x 2 Nights Shift, Harwich Essex Apply
- FA to CFO, Harwich, Essex Apply
- Import & Export Executive, Harwich, Essex Apply
- Sales Order Processor – Harwich, Essex UK Apply
- Field Sales Executive, South, Midlands and North, UK (Remote) Apply
- NPD Specifications Technologist – FMCG – Harwich, Essex. Apply