Logistics Coordinator – Full Time, Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Competitive/Negotiable DOE
- Status: Full Time / Permanent (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Harwich, Essex
We are looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our fast-growing FMCG business. Reporting to the Logistics Manager you will play a key role in providing support to our busy Transportation and Logistics Department.
You will also be the main support to the sales function of the business by dealing with customer queries in terms of both sales and operation.
This is a very varied role and requires flexibility, commitment and a substantial desire to learn and grow with the flourishing business.
To be considered you will need:
- CPC Qualification preferred but not essential
- Knowledge or understanding of road freight or warehouse operations Exceptional customer service skills with strong communication with your team and external stakeholders
- The ability to problem-solve whilst working to strict deadlines Computer skills including basic-intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- To be process driven with great attention to detail and understanding of the importance of compliance
Accountabilities will include:
- Admin including, paperwork answering calls/emails relating to customer queries
- Coordinating the pallet network deliveries and enquiries
- Planning of Customer orders for own fleet and 3PL
- Ensure the Operation is fully compliant in EU legislation and internal Company procedures
- To work with the sales and operations team to ensure that high Customer Service levels are achieved and delivered to all customers you are responsible for at all times.
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount on Products and Services within the Group
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.