Logistics Coordinator – Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Competitive/Negotiable DOE
- Status: Full Time / Permanent (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Harwich, Essex
We are looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our fast-growing FMCG business. Reporting to the Logistics Manager you will play a key role in providing support to our busy Transportation and Logistics Department.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the Logistics Team by ensuring that the process from collection to arrival at final destination is fully supported by the relevant haulage documentation as well as assisting drivers with delivery /dispatch requirements.
You will also be the main support to the sales function of the business by dealing with customer queries in terms of both sales and operation.
This is a very varied role and requires flexibility, commitment and a substantial desire to learn and grow with the flourishing business.
Accountabilities will include:
- Facilitate the shipping of Containers
- Admin including, paperwork answering calls/emails relating to customer queries
- Coordinating the pallet network deliveries and enquiries
- Planning of Customer orders for own fleet and 3PL
- Ensure the Operation is fully compliant in EU legislation and internal Company procedures
- To work with the sales and operations team to ensure that high Customer Service levels are achieved and delivered to all customers you are responsible for at all times.
- Experience of working in a similar environment is preferred (not essential)
- Well organised
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Computer literate (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to interpret orders
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Be able to multitask
- Work well and remain professional when under pressure
- Excellent customer services skills
- CPC Qualification preferred but not essential
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
If you feel you have the experience described above, please apply to this role or contact email@example.com