Machine Operators Wanted – Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Starting from £9.00 per hour (dependent on experience)
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Hours of Work: 48 hours a week (across 7 days) on a 2 week rotation (4 x 12 hour shifts).
- Location: Harwich, Essex
If you’re looking to work for a fast-paced manufacturing company, where you learn and develop machining and production skills, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking Machine Operators to work out of our 11 acre Food Manufacturing site in Harwich in our Production Rice and Snacks areas.
You will have prior experience working within a manufacturing environment (preferably Food Manufacturing) and ideally will have experience operating the following machinery;
- VFFS (Vertical Form Fill and Seal) machine
- Multi-head weighers.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have current Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operating a range of production machinery (VFFS Machine and multi-head weigher)
- Carrying out production, inspection, packaging, and machine operating
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Able to work to targets/production KPI’s & production schedules.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Previous relevant manufacturing /production experience.
- FMCG knowledge is preferable
- A desire to grow and develop
- Be flexible and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- PPE provided
- Canteen on site
- Free Staff Parking
- Staff Discounts (after successful probation)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Training will be provided
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.