National Account Manager, London / South East
National Accounts Manager – Surya Foods
Foods Experience Essential
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Car.
Permanent, full time.
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, alongside over 1000 independent accounts in the UK.
With a range of over 2,000 products available, Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK’s top 10 (Laila, Salaam & Apna – Nielsen 2017), represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies, as well as its own popular house-brands, including Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for a National Accounts Manager – with a view to developing high growth customer relationships in multiple product categories – core grocery (rice, pulses, spices & canned goods), impulse (snacks and nuts) and selected frozen specialist categories (halal and Asian)
Reporting to the Accounts Controller, you will be responsible for creating new customer partnerships, driving volumes, sales and profits. You will need to successfully communicate internally and externally with customers, be engaging and of course be incredible at sales and closing deals.
This is a permanent full time role with area responsibility therefore travel within the UK is an essential component. A Company car is provided with a requirement to visit head offices in Harwich, Essex on a regular basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for food categories such as frozen, snacks and/or rice.
- Regular face to face meetings with key contacts within assigned accounts essential
- Deliver own sales, profitability and promotion budgets consistently
- Become an expert for each customer account identifying competitor and strategic initiatives.
- Professionally manage customer relationships enhancing the Surya reputation as a reliable and trusted supplier.
- Proactively collaborative with customers to ensure day to day KPI’s such as volumes, sales, margin, service levels and promotions are all on track.
- To develop new growth business through NPD and setting up new customer accounts
- To successfully increase prices when required
- Liaise internally with members of the organisation to ensure service levels are maintained at a minimum level of 98%.
- To provide periodic ongoing reports to the Accounts Controller and/or Managing Director, as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Entrepreneurial selling skills at the highest level
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Strong management skills
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- Ability to maintain and manage relationships at senior levels
- FMCG knowledge is essential
- A desire to grow and develop
- Strong communication
- Analytical Skills
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to work with great people in a growing business then we would love to hear from you.