Network Support Manager – Harwich, Essex.
- Location: Primarily Harwich/Colchester, Essex + Onsite support as required to sister sites (Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk & Surrey) therefore travel is required.
- Salary: Competitive & Negotiable – Dependent Upon Skills and Experience.
- Status: Full Time / Permanent.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis for a Network Support Manager.
This hands on role in an expanding IT team and will encompass all aspects of IT and network support for a diverse group of companies with their own objectives, challenges and goals.
A calm, logical and customer focused approach with an open honest communication style is a must. Working closely with the Network Administrator and wider support team to provide appropriate support, advice and guidance to our users across all our sites.
Working with the Managing Director to develop, design and deliver infrastructure projects across the group that will ensure technology keeps pace with the future aspirations of the business as well as prioritising more immediate tactical projects to resolve issues or risks to service continuity.
The successful applicant will show clear ability to manage incidents as they are reported, assisting users groups and the wider IT team to identify underlying issues, consider remedial actions and resolve issues as quickly as possible.
Given the diverse nature of the business it is imperative that the successful candidate can appreciate business impact and priority to help our team respond in the most appropriate, efficient way. Clear, concise communication in a language that user groups can understand will be key to ensuring expectations are managed effectively and incidents are escalated as required.
The successful applicant will assist in support of all sites across the group, therefore will be required to have a clean driving license and a willingness to travel to our sites as and when required to assess the IT estate, plan future enhancements or resolve immediate issues. A company pool car will be provided on an ad-hoc basis for this travel at no expense to the successful applicant therefore applicants should possess a full clean driving licence.
Due to the nature of the role and impact IT outages may have on business areas, occasional evening and weekend support may be required to deliver effective support in the event of a failure or as part of scheduled preventative maintenance work.
Skills / Duties:
- Provides IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users
- Offer troubleshooting, support, and repair guidance when IT equipment or networks malfunction
- Provides phone, video conference, remote session, or in-person support, depending on user location and nature of support requirement
- Ability to ask directed questions regarding equipment and networks to effective assess IT issues, escalates and engages partners as necessary
- Assists Network Administrator with fault finding and onsite activities to resolve issues
- Assists wider teams across the business to enable IT resource to be used most effectively
- Documents daily tasks, training, and support sessions to inform the department and organisation better regarding IT support needs
- Maintains records of hardware and software inventory
- Assists with maintaining information security through controlled hardware or software installation and staff education
- Follows emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failures when necessary and protects data and security
- Takes account of business impacts, prioritising tasks and resources accordingly
- Stays updated regarding new technology through industry news, alerts and bulletins
- Works with Managing Director to drive greater efficiency, reliability and security of infrastructure services
- Windows Server 2008(+R2)/2012(+R2)/2016/2019
- Office365 Windows Desktop (7/8/8.1/10)
- Active Directory / Group Policy
- DNS / DHCP
- IIS & Certificate Services
- Network configuration – Firewall, Routing, VPN etc.
- WiFi networks and Cellular Technologies
- Voip Telephony Exposure
- VMWare & Veeam
- Appreciation of Information Security & GDPR
- Desktop AV solutions and management
- Hardware and software fault finding and resolution
- 5 Years in client-facing hands-on technical role (Required)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (Required)
- Positive / can-do attitude & confident dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Passion for IT, technology, fault finding and resolution
- 5 or more GCSE’s including English & Maths
- Full driving licence for regular visits to sister sites (Required)
- Occasional flexibility with working days/hours (Required)
- Free Staff Parking
- Staff Discounts (after successful probation)
- Company Pension Scheme
The success of Flying Trade Group is built on three core values – service, value and quality.
As a family run group we focus on delivering excellent customer service, together with fantastic quality products and services at great prices, across all the sectors we operate within. These values have enabled our business to thrive and grow rapidly in recent years despite challenging economic times. Over the last decade Flying Trade Group has attained a prominent position across some of the UK’s leading business sectors.
Surya Foods is now firmly established as a major player in the world food sector, and boasts the enviable position of being the largest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
Meanwhile Surya Hotel’s expanding hotel portfolio currently features some of the UK’s most beautiful niche hotels. Interests in the leisure and construction sectors also form an important part of our UK business.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to work in a expanding IT team providing solutions for our diverse user base in a growing Company, then we would love to hear from you.