Packing Machine Operatives – Harwich, Essex
- Salary: £9.50 – £11.00 p/hour (DOE)
- Hours of Work: Full Time + Shift Work Available
- Location: Harwich, Essex
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operating a range of production machinery (VFFS Machine)
- Carrying out production, inspection, packaging, and machine operating
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Due to the nature of the role a degree of manual handling is required (training provided)
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Able to work to targets/production KPI’s & production schedules.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Previous relevant manufacturing /production experience.
- FMCG knowledge is preferable
- A desire to grow and develop
- Be flexible and adapt to a constantly changing environment
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension Scheme
- Canteen facilities
- PPE provided
- Training provided
- Staff Discount at one of our Surya chain of Hotels (after 6 months service)