Pricing & Promotions Manager, Remote / Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Negotiable/Competitive dependant on experience
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Location: Remote with the occasional requirement at our head office based in Harwich, Essex
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, a Pricing and Promotions Manager to help us develop a new pricing and promotional strategy to drive Surya Foods to continue to be one of the UK’s largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK Food Sector.
Essential for the role
Competitive mindset with capability to ensure that we deliver the right pricing strategy for ultimate profit maximisation. Strategic mindset and able to keep up to date with the latest in marketing techniques, changes in economic and political environments and an ability to work closely in partnership with the sales team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Researching customer needs and how they respond to promotions
- Creating product listings that appeal to our customers
- Working with marketing team / creative team / eCommerce Manager on social media campaigns
- Analysing web traffic to measure promotion success or make improvements
- Making business decisions about products, pricing and promotions
- Working with IT teams to fix website problems
- Writing management reports on sales performance
- Keeping up to date on competitors’ activity and trends in technology
- Plan, deliver and interpret pricing and promotional trials, analysing learnings to inform strategy and future decisions
- Develop new proposals and set the strategy for price and promotions
- Identify new sources of information to gain insights and inform future strategies
- Develop a pricing strategy for localised markets and deliver promotional strategies to improve profit and access new client base
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within FMCG / Food Industry
- A proven finance background, with previous experience in financial modelling, pricing trials and pricing strategy
- Experience working with finance data from different sources and data analysis
- Ability to convert financial data into strategy proposals
- Outstanding communication and engagement skills, with a talent for building positive relationships with partners across the business
- Commercial acumen, able to deliver an engaging and commercially valuable new proposition
- Experience working in a commercial environment with your focus on pricing/commercial
- Educated to a degree level or above.
- Thinking and reasoning skills to come up with new ideas
- Salary is Competitive/Negotiable dependent on experience
- Laptop & Mobile Phone to be provided.
- Workplace pension.
- Staff Discount after 6 months service
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a fast paced innovative sector.