Procurement Executive – Harwich, Essex.
Location: Harwich, Essex
Role: Procurement Executive
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent.
Salary: £20k + per annum dependant upon skills and Experience
Surya Foods is now firmly established as a major player in the world food sector, and boasts the enviable position of being one of the largest suppliers of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
As a result of continued growth we are looking to expand our existing supply chain and procurement function. This role would suit someone who is new to the buying function or has some experience in the field and keen to learn and develop.
Working out of our 11 acre head office site in Harwich, Essex, reporting to our Head of Supply Chain we are recruiting for a Procurement Executive. There is terrific growth opportunity and career prospects for the successful candidate.
- Timely initiation of a buying proposals, in conjunction with supply chain.
- Follow-up on Purchase Invoices.
- Confirmation of Purchase Invoices and issue of Purchase Orders.
- Follow-up with supplier on availability of artwork, liaising with Buyer and utilise support if required (new products).
- Follow-up with suppliers on Specification forms for new products.
- Follow-up between design and QC for timely issue of artwork (new products).
- Bi-Weekly follow-up with suppliers on goods readiness and timely shipment.
- Ensure timely shipment and if lack of response and escalate if necessary.
- Provide freights booking at time of goods readiness.
- Follow-up on container numbers and draft shipment documents.
- Verification of draft documents and confirmation to supplier.
- Follow-up on shipment samples and loading images, where ever applicable.
- Liaison for pre-shipment inspection, wherever applicable.
- Follow-up on availability of original documents (including liaison with finance on timely payment or documents retrieval from bank).
- Follow-up on additional port health documents, where required.
- Closure of PO’s in the system, GRN’s etc.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets and Microsoft Office – Excel in particular.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Commercial skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to deal with a fast paced and sometimes pressurised environment.
If you have the relevant skills and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.