Product Cost Accountant and Commercial Analyst – Harwich, Essex.
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Harwich, Essex.
If you are looking to further your career with an exciting global, outward-looking company, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind Top 3* UK rice brand Laila basmati.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times “Top Track 250” league tables and the Sunday Times International “Track” 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrison’s, with over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others.
The scale and breadth of our business activities means we can offer great variety and a fantastic environment to start or further your career and owing to our company’s ambitious growth plans we are always looking for talented employees to complement our team.
Our company culture supports and nurtures personal development to ensure a first step with us always brings further opportunities.
In 2020, we will be launching over 100 new products which is relevant to every sales channel as we look to dramatically expand our business in the next phase of our development as we now enter core mainstream categories as well as World Foods.
To support our growing business, we are recruiting, on a permanent basis, a Product Cost Accountant and Commercial Analyst. Reporting to the Commercial Director, detail of this important role is as follows:
- Manage the SKU costing process within the business
- Ownership of the Customer SKU profitability models
- Input into Commercial Evaluation Process (including bought-in products)
- Provision of commercial decision support, by providing cost information and analysis for the senior management team to support, promotions and contract evaluation
- Providing input into the calculations of profitability by customer
- Ownership of the standard costing process
- Manage and maintain Customer Profitability models, ensuring data is accurate and up to date
- General financial analysis and investigations as required from time to time. This is a group role that may require travel to our sister sites
- Develop and deliver a methodology and process for costing products in a single, simple effective way across the business
- Using Standard costs, create Customer Profitability models/Open Book for all Customers
- Develop a process to ensure all Commercial cost requests use Standard costs rather than requiring site input each time.
Personal Skills / Qualities:
- Preferably CIMA Qualified Accountant – although active part qualified would be considered
- Experience of cost accounting within FMCG sector
- Good understanding of manufacturing costings
- Experience of designing and embedding process improvements into ways of working
- Experience in implementing financial systems and processes (desirable)
- Strong Excel skills
- Committed to building a long term future career path
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to work with great people in a growing business then we would love to hear from you.