Product Development Manager – Harwich, Essex
Product Development Manager
Food experience essential
Permanent, full time, Harwich, Essex
If you are looking to further your career with an exciting global, outward-looking company we would be delighted to hear from you.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind Top 3* UK rice brand Laila basmati.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others. In 2020, we are substantially expanding our manufacturing capabilities and are looking to enter new product categories and new customers with over 100 SKU’s scheduled for launch, as we transition into a mainstream food manufacturer.
The scale and breadth of our business activities means we can offer great variety and a fantastic environment to start or further your career and owing to our company’s ambitious growth plans we are always looking for talented employees to complement our team.
Our company culture supports and nurtures personal development to ensure a first step with us always brings further opportunities.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for an experienced Product Development Manager working across all channels and categories, on private label and brands.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Own the company “product development plan” across all Food categories
- Project manage product development from idea generation to launch including consumer panel approval
- Work collaboratively with Commercial Director and Category Planning Manager to identify and creating a progressive market leading NPD pipeline
- Work collaboratively with Technical and Production to ensure products meet the quality and operational requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Buying team and suppliers in sourcing the best ingredients at the most economic level
- Present product ranges to major customers with Category Planning Manager
- Deliver an NPD programme that is on time, within budget and meets target sales and profitability
- Deliver an EPD programme that consistently improves product quality / packaging and/or drives further value chain efficiency so we give customers greater value.
- Develop the existing product development team to greater capability through effective mentoring.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have 5 years product development experience within a major retailer or branded / own-label manufacturer
- Have a proven track record of successful food product development
- Proven project management skills
- Be able to lead and implement processes
- Cope well under pressure and deliver results
- Proven track record of leadership, team management and influencing skills
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and want to join a growing business with great future career prospects, then we would love to hear from you….