Production Team Leader (Food Manufacturing), Harwich, Essex
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have current Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role
- Location: Harwich, Essex, UK
- Pay: Negotiable/Competitive DOE
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Hours: 40 Hours Per Week (Mostly days but there may be a requirement for night /weekend work to mirror Production Staff rotas and /promotional peaks)
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our ever growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
Due to continued growth, we are expanding our Production Operation this year adding a new line to our already successful and established operations. We are therefore seeking a Production Team Leader, reporting to the Production Manager at our 11 acre site in Harwich Essex.
As a Production Team Leader, you will support our production teams and Manager in delivering a safe and efficient line that produces that highest quality products possible. This is one of the most important roles we have within our company as our Team Leaders work to keep our machines and teams running at peak performance in a safe and supportive manner.
- As a Production Team Leader, you will be responsible for checking that our machines and equipment are in peak condition, that our teams are performing the best they can and supporting our management team in organizing our complex operation.
- This is the perfect role for a strong leader, who has experience within a production environment and is looking to put their skills to the test in a state-of-the-art factory for a market leading company.
- Have awareness of your internal customers, ensuring the products and services you supply are the best that they can be.
- Be accountable for the communication throughout your team ensuring it is effective.
- Motivate and develop your team, Identifying and implementing training as required, using the performance improvement and disciplinary procedure where necessary.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Ensure that your team is fully covered throughout the working week.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and fully.
- Identify problems and areas for improvement quickly, taking effective action to resolve problems and encouraging improvement within the team.
- Co-operates and works well with others
- Absorb instructions quickly and act on them effectively
- Work effectively when under pressure and in pressurised environments
- Have good time management skills.
- Be tolerant and patient with others
- Effective delegator
- Good communicator
- Good spoken and written English is essential for this role
- Food safety /Health and Safety / Hygiene Safety aware (advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided)
- Experience in a supervisory role within a production environment would be desirable
- Work instructions and machinery (fryers)