QA Assistant (Nights) – Harwich, Essex
- Salary: £8.72
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Hours of Work: 5 nights per week (19:00pm to 04:00am).
- Location: Harwich
- Reporting to: Quality Manager
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a QA Assistant (Nights). The successful applicant will report into the Quality Manager and ideally has experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment.
- To examine all factored goods being brought onto site, to cross reference its packaged declarations conform to the original product specification, correct any discrepancies, amending product spec/packaging to conform to UK legislation.
- To liaise directly with all relevant parties on product specifications and discrepancies.
- Any other duty as directed by the management
- To perform quality checks on incoming goods and finished products as required and spot checks on equipment and products and maintain records.
- To ensure all products are produced and packaged in accordance with agreed specifications, and relevant legislation.
- To monitor, evaluate and maintain procedures in place.
- To evaluate and maintain quality systems in place through scheduled internal audits of both documentation and the facilities.
- Promote technical and quality standards in line with both company and customer specifications.
- To ensure that premises, plant, equipment and personnel hygiene are maintained at the highest standards.
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- Computer literate.
- Experience in a similar role within a food manufacture environment
- Experience with auditing (internal/external), knowledge and/ or experience of HACCP