QA Controller – Harwich, Essex
Status: Full Time & Permanent
Days/Hours: 8 Hour Day Shift, primarily working Monday to Friday
Location: Site Based Harwich, Essex
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 pa Dependent Upon Experience
We are seeking an experienced QA Controller to work in our busy Technical Team, reporting to the Technical Manager. We require someone who has previous quality control or quality assurance experience from a food packing, production, or similar environment. A background of working with ambient product is advantageous.
Preferably have a working knowledge of HACCP. Good communication and team working skills are essential.
Main Duties to include:
- Implement strategy as set out by the department head in a practical and clear way
- Monitor and implement technical and compliance across sites
- Control of site QA team
- Investigate serious complaints
- Contact for site for technical audits
- Deliver site technical training
- Ensure quality management system, operating practices and process controls that are developed are correctly implemented and adhered to by staff
- Develop initiatives which enhance the manufacturing operation through reduced costs and improved quality
- Liaise with suppliers on all aspects of technical nature as required
- Review and lead non-conforming control of product – with assistance of production/warehouse teams and conduct Root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Responsible for managing traceability on site
- Support project work either as lead or as contributor
- Support allergen management within both factories
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- Computer literate
- Ability to manage and train staff to a very high standard.
- Good management skills
- A food science qualification (or relevant experience)
- Willingness to learn and multitask.
- Suitable for a senior QA or QA supervisor looking to take the next step in their career
If you believe you have the necessary skills and qualities required then we would love you to apply.
Please only apply if you are able to evidence that you have the right to work in the UK.