Quality Manager – Harwich, Essex
Salary: Circa £35k pa
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Harwich, Essex
We are seeking a Quality Manager who will be based at our 11 acre manufacturing, distribution and head office site in Harwich, Essex.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind fastest growing UK rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
The ideal candidate will have sound food manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Main point of contact for site Technical queries
- Monitor and implement technical compliance across sites
- Manager site QA team
- Investigate serious complaints
- Key contact for site technical audits
- Deliver site technical training
- Pest control provider point of contact
What are we looking for?
- Solid QA experience within the food manufacturing industry
- Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of QMS, HACCP and BRC standards
- Food Safety level 3 and HACCP level 3 qualifications
- Experience in performing internal audits and complaint investigations
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be prepared to be hands on and lead by example
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working with various departments, staff and their leaders to optimise quality standards across the foods business.
If you want to join us on our exciting journey and have the experience and dedication required to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.
Please only apply if you have current Right to Work in the UK status.