REACH Driver Wanted, Harwich, Essex
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Reach Forklift Driver to join our busy and successful food manufacturing company based at our 11 acre site in Harwich, Essex on a permanent full time basis.
- Rate of pay: Competitive, to be discussed
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Hours/Days per week: 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday (07:00am to 5:00pm)
- Location: Harwich
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Driving experience on Reach Forklift Trucks
- Receiving and checking of goods inwards
- Dispatching and checking goods outward
- Replenishment of stock
- Checking & reporting damaged stock
- Ensure warehouses/yards are maintained and presentable on a daily basis
- Maintain stock areas ensuring all stock is stored/secured in the correct location
- Completing regular checks on forklift trucks
- General health and safety management
- Carrying out any reasonable requests made by the management team.
- A Reach or Forklift Truck licence is preferred for this role.
Ideal candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience and knowledge of a warehouse environment (ideally in a FMCG environment)
- Highly organised and capable of performing tasks to a very high standard
- Attention to detail & excellent levels of accuracy
- Excellent housekeeping skills
- A good team player with initiative
- Good communication skills
- Consistent safe working practices
- Driven with a positive “can do” attitude
- Free car parking
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Online payslips
- Pension contribution
- Staff Discounts after 6 months’ service
If you have the necessary skills we would love you to apply.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind fastest growing UK rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%. We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland.
We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.