Reception Manager – Dragonfly Hotel, Peterborough
We are looking for a Reception Manager to lead our Dragonfly Hotel in Peterborough.
Dragonfly Hotels have a simple philosophy: economy with excellence. It means we do the basics brilliantly, with a splash of panache for good measure. In four key east of England locations, we deliver comfort, convenience and efficient, switched-on service, sensibly priced so you can do more with your trip, whether you’re staying with us for business, leisure, or a little bit of both.
As Reception Manager you and your team will be the first point of contact for the hotel both in person and over the phone so a calm, friendly manner is desired. We’re looking for someone who can manage a team whist maintaining a positive outlook, a friendly approach, can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, carry out instructions, be able to pay close attention to detail and a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
To succeed within the role, you must have previous manager and hotel reception experience. You should also have good sales ability, an approachable manner, ability to stay calm under pressure, to deal with complaints and irate customers on occasions and have a good knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage, train and lead the reception team and the overnight team
- Check invoicing for individual and group bookings
- Checking guests in and out of the hotel
- Arrange bookings and reservations
- Dealing with guests’ enquiries and assistance
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel and good at developing others
- Ensuring smooth running of the Reception department on a day to day basis
- Manage payments
- Answering calls and emails and ensuring a high level of customer service at all times.
Job Type: Full-time, Rate of pay £9.50 per hour, dependant on experience.
If the above role interests you please get in contact with us, we look forward to hearing from you soon