Sales Manager Opportunities (Ethnic Foods) – North, Midlands, London and South.
Sales Manager Opportunities (Ethnic Foods) North, Midlands, London and South – Excellent Earnings Potential!!
Full Time / Permanent
Great Salary (competitive/negotiable) + Bonus + Car
If you are looking to further your career with an exciting global, outward-looking company we would be delighted to hear from you.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind Top 3* UK rice brand Laila basmati.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The scale and breadth of our business activities means we can offer great variety and a fantastic environment to start or further your career and owing to our company’s ambitious growth plans we are always looking for talented employees to complement our team.
Our company culture supports and nurtures personal development to ensure a first step with us always brings further opportunities.
In 2020, we are launching over 100 new products which is relevant to every sales channel as we look to dramatically expand our business in the next phase of our development.
Reporting to Regional Manager you will be responsible for driving product growth and sales in independent outlets and wholesalers. The role is full time. You will be responsible for contacting clients, up-selling on existing orders, driving sales and building relationships. You will need to be able to communicate to the highest standard, be engaging and of course be incredible at sales and closing the deal!
These are remote roles with regional responsibility therefore travel is an essential component. A Company car (or mileage reclaim) is provided with a requirement to visit head offices in Harwich, Essex on a regular basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for a range of ethnic food sales into independent outlets.
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth year on year for key assigned accounts.
- Maintain thorough understanding of each customer, main competitors and develop strategic initiatives.
- Having full autonomy and accountability of account management
- Liaise with members of the organisation to ensure service levels are maintained
- Ability to manage relationships with clients on a professional basis.
- To provide periodic ongoing reports to the Ethnic Accounts Director.
- Assist with promotional activities and NPD.
- Take new products to the market.
- Ensure KPI’s are monitored on an ongoing basis.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Track record in developing accounts and delivering results
- Experienced in food sales (ethnic foods advantageous)
- A good head for figures and an analytical approach to sales and margins
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and ambition together with a genuine team spirit attitude
- A professional and likeable personality able to quickly build relationships with customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- FMCG knowledge is essential
- A desire to grow and develop
If you possess these qualities and are looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for progression, we would love to hear from you.