Sales Order Processor – Harwich, Essex, UK
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have current Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role
Sales Order Processor
|Status||Full Time / Permanent (Monday to Friday)|
|Reporting to||Head of Supply Chain|
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a Sales Order Processor to ensure that all Independent orders are processed and delivered in a timely and accurate manner. The role will include making outgoing sales calls, answering incoming sales calls, processing emails and generating sales order paperwork using our in-house software and standard packages such as excel and word.
This role would suit a recent Graduate who is keen to work in the ever changing and busy field of Supply Chain. You will spend time working within key areas of the business including Buying, Sales Reps, Production, Logistics & Warehousing.
- Process all Independent orders in a timely manner
- To liaise closely with Sales reps and customers to action any changes to orders or required delivery dates
- To manage collections and returns
- To manage full container loads and exports
- To complete any required invoicing
- To manage price changes and back orders
- Identify areas that require process management and automation
- This role requires you to communicate with customers both verbally and in writing, so you will need excellent communication and influencing skills.
- You will already possess a mature attitude, drive and ambition, be conscientious and able to work as part of a small team.
- Stakeholder Management
- Microsoft Office in particular Excel
- Problem solving through root cause analysis
- Strategic planning
- Supplier relationship building.