Senior Financial Accountant – Harwich, Essex.
Status: Permanent, Full time.
Salary: £35k-£40k per annum dependent upon skills and experience
Hours: Full time, 9am-6pm Mon-Fri (1 hour lunch)
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its extensive world food ranges has seen it become one of the biggest suppliers of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK top ten according to Nielsen data. (Laila, Salaam & Apna).
With over 2,000 products available, Surya represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies as well as its own popular house-brands, including Laila, Salaam, Apna, Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
Meanwhile Surya Hotel’s expanding hotel portfolio currently features some of the UK’s most beautiful niche hotels. Interests in the leisure and property sectors also form an important part of our UK business.
We are looking to recruit, on a permanent basis, a Senior Financial Accountant at our 11 acre head office site in Harwich, Essex. Reporting to the Finance Director the post holder will be a key member of our accounts team
- Assist in Monthly Financial MI pack generation for the group.
- Improve Company accounting with robust controls on payables, bank reconciliations, expenses control.
- Identify and report areas where cost savings can be initiated or improved, ensure cost centre accounting is maintained.
- Ensure that all VAT, Intrastat, EC sales etc are filed on time for the Group.
- Supervise PAYE for the group in terms of compliance.
- Assist in Access Implementation in terms of chart of accounts set up, cost centre / expense accounting and supplier ledger set up.
- Team leader role to supervise and assist accounts staff in correct accounting routines and supervising all entries are timely posted in the system.
- Assist the Group Financial Accountant in maintenance of insurance policies, company leases, corporate tax and statutory documents, bank documents.
- Liaison with banks on documents through them, with shipping lines on payment issues and vendor payment / accounting matters.
- Prepare key audit information and schedules for audit, taxation, VAT queries etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree Qualified & Part or Full qualified CIMA
- Management experience in an FMCG environment
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products and processes
- Excellent level of systems knowledge (Sage, Excel, Word)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent business and commercial skills
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Computer literate
- Ability to work in a fast paced and sometimes pressurised environment
It you have the necessary skills and qualities and want to work in a growing business with great people, we would love to hear from you.