Senior Sous Chef – Kings Lynn, Norfolk
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and hardworking Senior Sous Chef to join our team at The Dukes Head Hotel in Kings Lynn, we are seeking applicants who are looking for a new challenge to serve our our busy AA restaurant.
Its striking powder-blue façade, a study in Georgian elegance, is as much a part of King’s Lynn’s Tuesday Market Place as the stalls that have traded here for generations. Today, period charm meets contemporary chic, spacious rooms envelope you in comfort, and the very best local produce is served – in an acclaimed restaurant and a buzzing cocktail bar.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the organisation & smooth running of the kitchen in the head chefs absence
- Assist & Support the Head Chef with the day to day running of the kitchen
- Responsible for overseeing the ordering of, close management of stock & labour efficiency
- Ensuring all Health & Hygiene procedures are implemented & continually adhered to
- Have the ability to work & train on every section of the cook line
- Competent & confident in training new staff
- Ability to learn & understand new cooking techniques
The right candidate will have:
- Experience in the role or a similar role
- Experience of working with a fully fresh menu
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A passion for serving excellent food
- A positive attitude
If the above role interests you please get in contact with us, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
The Salary for this role is competitive and based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time