Slitter Operator, Full-Time – Pershore, WR10.
Modern Packaging is expanding its team!! In conjunction with its large growth plans in the flexible packaging sector.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £170-million and operates in over 40 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands.
As part of our continued drive for growth we will be expanding our operations producing flexible films in Pershore.
Salary: Competitive / Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: This position involves working a Continental Shift pattern (which will include working weekends and nights) of on average, 39 hours per week.
- Carry out the job set up in a safe and efficient manner
- Carry out process inspection checks to ensure product meets specifications
- Record all product movement on/off the machine in a detailed manner, including correct time recording and product identification
- Monitor machine operation and problem solve where necessary
- Label the finished product as per job order instructions
- Palletise product in accordance with internal and export requirements
- Keep machine and surrounding area safe, clean and tidy
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Comply with all safety regulations, laws, standards, company policies, site rules and procedures
- Previous experience of working with high speed slitting machines
- Knowledge of flexible materials
- Willingness to take a flexible approach to work
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure