Social Media and Marketing Apprentice – Ardleigh, Colchester, Essex
Surya Hotels are now recruiting for a Digital Marketing Apprentice to join our welcoming Head Office team in Colchester. The role will comprise of learning the way in which we market the company by assisting the marketing team with the management and development of our brand though Social Media Platforms and our Website. You will be fully trained to do the role by both us and The Colchester Institute as part of your apprenticeship.
An extraordinary experience in one of our niche hotels awaits you. Surya Hotels are one of the UK’s leading niche hotel groups situated in some of the UK’s most idyllic settings, from historic towns and coastal resorts to picturesque villages.
Stylish rooms complement our intoxicating bars, carefully crafted food, electric events and white weddings. Our passionate teams have generations of hospitality experience and are each directors of their own fields, we don’t just strive for guest satisfaction, we exceed all expectations… Welcome to Surya Hotels.
- Assisting with the management of social media platforms.
- Corresponding with customers via social media and emails.
- Publishing updates and blog posts on our website.
- Monitoring of TripAdvisor to provide feedback and also respond to guests.
- Researching Brands and help manage our own.
- Making all guests feel welcome though the use of marketing and conversation.
- Conducting Market/Blog Research and analysis on competitors.
We are looking for someone who can join our small but well knit Head Office team, this will mean that you can be sociable and have a laugh with us but will also be able to focus hard on the task at hand to get the job done when needed. Being Social, good at timekeeping and having an interest in marketing will all help you in the role.
- Experience in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn is Required.
- Experience with creation software such as Illustrator, Canva and Spark will be helpful.
- Good English and both written and verbal communication are required.
- Understanding of or experience in programs such as: WordPress, Tripadvisor, Awario, Hootsuite and Mailchimp will be beneficial but training will be provided should you not have any.
- The ability to organise and prioritise work as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to spot spelling errors.
If you want to join us and be the one of the marketing voices behind the company. Please get in contact with us as we would love to hear from you.
The Salary for this role will meet minimum wage but is dependant on experience.
Job Type: Full-time