Specifications Writer, Harwich, Essex
- Reporting to : Compliance Manager
- Hours of Work : Full time/ Permanent, Monday – Friday
- Salary : Circa 25k
We are looking for a experienced Specifications Writer to join our site in Harwich to lead and manage our specifications systems. The ideal candidate will report to the Compliance Manager and support him in ensuring compliance is to BRC standards, Customer standards, UK legislation and EU legislation.
You will be IT savy, with great attention to detail and good organisation skills.
To be successful in this role you will be able to build strong relationships across teams and demonstrate your ability to be flexible, adaptable and have a super keen eye for detail.
- Develop and manage the specification management system for the site.
- You will be responsible for writing specifications and making amendments to existing ranges.
- You will be responsible for setting up, for approval, all external customer specifications, or relevant technical information in line with customer requirements, so you will understand the importance of getting things right first time.
- You will ensure compliance with updated customer technical policies, current labelling standards and include all regulatory changes that will impact back of pack information.
- Working closely with raw material suppliers and internal teams, you will agree quality parameters which support appropriate checks at intake to ensure compliance.
- You and technical team will also get involved in reviewing raw material specification content to develop specifications for each raw material to improve compliance.
- There will also be additional technical responsibilities.
Skills and Experience:
- It is essential you have a sound technical understanding of UK specification writing within food manufacturing / equivalent job related experience.
- Work on both hand written specifications (excel) and on web based systems
- Experience in Food Labelling
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.