Supply Chain Assistant – Harwich, Essex
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Harwich, Essex
Salary: Competitive / Negotiable dependent upon skills and experience.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind fastest growing UK rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £150 million and operates in over 30 countries, growing at 27% in 2020 already.
Impressive growth has seen us enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019. We have over 1000 customers, including supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland, B&M, Farmfoods & TJ Morris. We have a vibrant business with Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. The lifeblood of our business is the 1000 independent stores we supply across the UK. We have created an online store selling over 2000 SKUʼs and we continue to export our brand internationally throughout Europe. Finally, we represent some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Costa, Ajinomoto and Samai as part of our World Foods ranges.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, a Supply Chain Assistant at our 11 acre manufacturing, distribution and head offices site based in Harwich, Essex.
- Receive and Process orders from Key Retail Account customers
- Work closely with key customers to forecast promotions and seasonal periods to ensure that service targets are met
- Process collections from customers
- Be the first point of contact for customer Supply Chain and Buying Teams
- Be the main point of contact for National Accounts Team
- Execute Supply Chain Assistant functions to move products from suppliers to retail outlets
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement on shortages of deliveries
- Generation of reports and KPI data
- Creation and analysis of data on MS Excel, providing solutions to challenges
- Developing a strong understanding of all Supply Chain systems
- Confident and professional communication skills
- Strong written skills
- High attention to detail
- Confident in the use of MS Excel
- Experienced in working to targets and deadlines
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and want to join a growing business with great people, then we would love to hear from you.