Supply Chain Assistant, Harwich – Essex
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, alongside over 1000 independent accounts in the UK.
With a range of over 2,000 products available, Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK’s top 10 (Laila, Salaam & Apna – Nielsen 2017), represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies, as well as its own popular house-brands, including Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
The scale and breadth of our business activities means we can offer great variety and a fantastic environment to start or further your career and owing to our company’s ambitious growth plans we are always looking for talented employees to complement our team. Our company culture supports and nurtures personal development to ensure a first step with us always brings further opportunities.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, a Supply Chain Assistant. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the smooth-running of the supply chain department through administrative duties including a wide range of reception duties. You will also provide customer service support working within a busy office environment.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, location is based at our Head Office, Harwich, Essex.
Essential for the role
Supply Chain/ Office /Sales / Customer Service Experience
Role and Responsibilities
- Generate purchase orders and maintain admin to ensure smooth delivery of required stock.
- Maintain all shipping documents and estimated time of departure/arrival.
- To manage all internal transfers between Reed Boardall and internal company premises
- To arrange vehicles from production site in Romania to UK
- To review and respond to stock queries.
- To maintain dates and comments on No stock and Low stock reporting
- To support National Accounts and sales team to create new line forms.
- Support Supply Chain Manager to ensure supplier to customer service level is on target by holding collaborative reviews with customers, identifying areas for improvement to help maintain a high service level going forward and creating joint supply chain plans for each customer.
- Utilise Retailer systems to ensure forecasts are updated i.e., Tesco Connect, Retail Link
- Experience of Retailer or Supplier Supply Chain operations
- Engagement and People Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Microsoft Office
- Proficient at Excel (intermediate level).
- Problem solving through root cause analysis.
- Strategic planning
- Supplier relationship building.
- Salary is Competitive/Negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Workplace pension.
- Staff Discount after 6 months service (on over 2,500 products)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a fast paced innovative sector.
Relevant Right to Work in the UK is required for this role.