Supply Chain Assistant, Harwich – Essex
- Salary: Negotiable/Competitive dependant on experience
- Status / Location: Full Time / Permanent (Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm)
- Location: Based at our Head Office, Harwich, Essex
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, a Supply Chain Assistant. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the smooth-running of the supply chain department through administrative duties including a wide range of reception duties.
You will also provide customer service support working within a busy office environment.
Essential for the role
- Supply Chain/ Office /Sales / Customer Service Experience
Role and Responsibilities
• To liaise with Customers and National Accounts regarding relevant supply chain concerns, service level and stock availability
• To manage all internal transfers between Reed Boardall and internal company premises
• To manage stock and transfers between Surya Foods and Armstrong Logistics
• To generate and track purchase orders for packaging
• To produce and circulate daily Retailer Customer Service Reports prior to the Daily Ops meeting
• Support Supply Chain Manager to ensure supplier to customer service level is on target by holding collaborative reviews with customers, identifying areas for improvement to help maintain a high service level going forward and creating joint supply chain plans for each customer.
• Utilise Retailer systems to ensure forecasts are updated i.e., Tesco Connect, Retail Link
• To maintain Last Week’s Sales & SOH on master files, update linked weekly analysis, update and circulate weekly reports
• To provide administrative support and holiday cover as required across the Supply Chain team
• Experience of Retailer or Supplier Supply Chain operations
• Engagement and People Skills
• Stakeholder Management
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Microsoft Office
• Proficient at Excel (intermediate level).
• Problem solving through root cause analysis.
• Strategic planning
• Supplier relationship building.
• 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
• Workplace pension.
• Staff Discount after 6 months service (on over 2,500 products)