Supply Chain Assistant, Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Negotiable/Competitive (DOE)
- Status : Full Time / Permanent
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
- Location: Based at our Head Office, Harwich, Essex
Are you passionate about food? This role would ideally suit someone who has had some experience within a purchasing or supply chain department within the Food Industry and can manage a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this role you must have :
- Strong Excel experience (pivot table knowledge an advantage)
- Experience of managing Purchase Orders
- Good Administration & time keeping skills
Role and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Customers and National Accounts regarding relevant supply chain concerns, service level and stock availability
- To manage all internal transfers between Reed Boardall and internal company premises
- To manage stock and transfers between Surya Foods and Armstrong Logistics
- To generate and track purchase orders for packaging
- To produce and circulate daily Retailer Customer Service Reports
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Support Supply Chain Manager to ensure supplier to customer service level is on target
- To maintain previous week’s Sales & SOH on master files, update linked weekly analysis, update and circulate weekly reports
- To provide administrative support and holiday cover as required across the Supply Chain team
• Experience of Retailer or Supplier Supply Chain operations
• Engagement and People Skills
• Stakeholder Management
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Microsoft Office
• Proficient at Excel (intermediate level).
• Problem solving through root cause analysis.
• Strategic planning
• Supplier relationship building.
- 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Workplace pension.
- Staff Discount after 6 months service