Supply Chain Assistant, Harwich Essex UK
Supply Chain Assistant (Frozen Foods)
|Status||Full Time / Permanent (Monday to Friday)|
|Reporting to||Head of Supply Chain|
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have current Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a Supply Chain Assistant To support the Frozen Foods Supply Chain Manager in all areas of Frozen Foods Supply Chain. From agreeing the forward demand plan to producing the weekly production schedule. To ensure availability is maintained to agreed business target and obsolete stock is removed from the business.
- Generate purchase orders and maintain admin to ensure smooth delivery of required stock.
- Maintain all shipping documents and estimated time of departure/arrival.
- To manage all internal transfers between Reed Boardall and internal company premises
- To arrange vehicles from production site in Romania to UK
- To review and respond to stock queries.
- To maintain dates and comments on No stock and Low stock reporting
- To support National Accounts and sales team to create new line forms.
- Support Supply Chain Manager to ensure supplier to customer service level is on target by holding collaborative reviews with customers, identifying areas for improvement to help maintain a high service level going forward and creating joint supply chain plans for each customer.
- Utilise Retailer systems to ensure forecasts are updated i.e., Tesco Connect, Retail Link
- Experience of Retailer or Supplier Supply Chain operations
- Engagement and People Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Microsoft Office
- Proficient at Excel (intermediate level).
- Problem solving through root cause analysis.
- Strategic planning
- Supplier relationship building.