Sustainability Manager, Harwich, Essex
- Job Title: Sustainability Manager
- Hours of Work: Full Time / Permanent Primarily Monday to Friday
- Salary: Competitive / Negotiable DOE
We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Manager. Responsible for leading the design and implementation of industry programmes across Sustainable food and packaging, you will work closely with cross functional teams to identify new workstreams to shape long-term sustainable strategies.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Manage the process towards becoming Carbon neutral by 2035
- Help to drive an ethical framework within Surya Foods
- Undertaking Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology (BREEAM) and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) assessments
- Completing sustainability plans
- Conducting site assessments and producing reports on findings
- Initiating renewable energy assessments
- Advising on the latest low or zero-carbon technologies
- You will also be responsible for reviewing all relevant content to ensure accuracy and consistency and lead and develop a team to ensure annual business plan KPIs are achieved.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience with Project managing delivery of energy and sustainability services on projects
- With technical and policy expertise across food waste, food surplus redistribution, packaging and broader Sustainability agendas, it is likely you will have experience of working within the food and drinks industry, be strategic and politically aware together with strong project management ability
- Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs as well as Commercial awareness
- Autonomy in establishing and managing priorities,
- Excellent networking, interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Able to communicate successfully and influence both cross-functionally and vertically
- Proactive & pragmatic approach, curious and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
- Confident IT skills, proven record of using all Microsoft programmes
- Supply chain knowledge
- Some experience of auditing suppliers
- Knowledge of quality management & food safety standards
- Knowledge of responsible sourcing initiatives & standards
- Culture that encourages ethical conduct
- Creative thinker, able to challenge established ways of doing things with a continuous improvement attitude
Surya Foods has a responsibility to act to reduce our impact on the planet and if you are passionate about sustainability and believe you have the relevant skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!