Sustainability Manager, Harwich, Essex
We are on the lookout for an experienced Sustainability Manager.
- Are you an experienced environmental professional with experience in delivering climate change and sustainability objectives?
- Do you have experience in the food/FMCG/grocery sector?
This is a key role in introducing a range of new programmes encompassing Food and Packaging strategies and a chance for you to play a significant role in the managing of carbon and environment sustainability within our Surya Foods Supply Chain.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, you will be responsible for the supplier management system governance and coordination of the sustainability agenda.
This is a full time permanent role. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Manage the process towards becoming Carbon neutral by 2035
- Help to drive an ethical framework within Surya Foods
- Responsible for leading the design and implementation of industry programmes across Sustainable food and packaging,
- Work closely with cross functional teams including supply chain, to identify new workstreams to shape long-term sustainable strategies.
- Responsible for reviewing all relevant content to ensure accuracy and consistency and lead and develop a team to ensure annual business plan KPIs are achieved.
- Being a lead auditor in the formal auditing of suppliers from both a quality & sustainable development perspective
- Keeping the wider Technical, Procurement and Sales teams informed of developments with suppliers & product supply chains.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience with Project managing delivery of energy and sustainability services on projects
- With technical and policy expertise across food waste, food surplus redistribution, packaging and broader Sustainability agendas, it is likely you will have experience of working within the food and drinks industry, be strategic and politically aware together with strong project management ability
- Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs as well as Commercial awareness
- Autonomy in establishing and managing priorities,
- Excellent networking, interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Able to communicate successfully and influence both cross-functionally and vertically
- Proactive & pragmatic approach, curious and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
- Confident IT skills, proven record of using all Microsoft programmes
- Supply chain knowledge
- Some experience of auditing suppliers
- Knowledge of quality management & food safety standards
- Knowledge of responsible sourcing initiatives & standards
- Culture that encourages ethical conduct
- Creative thinker, able to challenge established ways of doing things with a continuous improvement attitude
If you have the relevant skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!