Sustainability & NPD Manager, Surya Foods, Harwich – Essex
- Job Title: Sustainability & NPD Manager
- Hours of Work: Full Time / Permanent Primarily Monday to Friday
- Salary: Competitive / Negotiable DOE
We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Manager with NPD experience, responsible for leading the design and implementation of industry programmes across Sustainable food and packaging, you will work closely with cross functional teams to identify new workstreams to shape long-term sustainable strategies.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Manage the process towards becoming Carbon neutral by 2035
- Help to drive an ethical framework within Surya Foods
- Directly own, and project manage projects within the sustainability domain, working with pace and cross functionally across the business.
- Work towards sustainability roadmap of becoming carbon neutral operations by 2035 in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment undergoing substantial growth.
- Working in unison with the marketing team and PR team to align awareness progress and projects on sustainability initiatives of the organization.
- Manage and build inhouse initiatives for employee engagement on sustainability endeavours.
- GHG data reporting for the business-SECR reporting, FNZ dashboard management. Emission reporting for the key clients.
- Extend support for managing product eco claims for the developing portfolio of carbon neutral products.
- Support the technical team and creative team for packaging guidelines for on pack labelling.
- Packaging Innovations: Creating and managing packaging roadmap towards 100% recyclability by 2025.
- Engage in building relationships with external stakeholders for enhancing CSR portfolio of the business.
- Working closely with supply team, work across supply partners and sourcing suppliers to drive traceability projects, to build an end-to-end journey of products from material sourcing to manufacture on sustainability credentials of responsible sourcing.
- Own and maintain appropriate due diligence and compliance with respect to ethical material sourcing, transparency, and business sustainability product claims.
- Indirectly manage and influence supply relationships to build a strong partnership that delivers to the supply strategy goals.
- End to end process mapping of inception of a new product.
- Cross functional collaboration with buying, technical, production, marketing team for the pre-launch and post launch activities of a new product.
- Product specs alignment for nutrition as per HFSS parameters, shelf life, packaging relevance and acceptance as per sustainability strategy.
- Align transparency within the system for new product journey from sourcing till sales.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of the UK fund industry and its regulatory framework.
- Technical knowledge of investment products, both onshore and offshore
- Proven experience of devising and developing product propositions and or solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Skilled communicator with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills – ability to interact with multiple internal and external partners
- Ability to use MS Office applications, e.g. MS Excel and Word, Visio
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Delivery focused with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs as well as Commercial awareness
- Autonomy in establishing and managing priorities,
- Excellent networking, interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Able to communicate successfully and influence both cross-functionally and vertically
- Proactive & pragmatic approach, curious and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
- Supply chain knowledge
- Some experience of auditing suppliers
- Knowledge of responsible sourcing initiatives & standards
- Culture that encourages ethical conduct
- Creative thinker, able to challenge established ways of doing things with a continuous improvement attitude
Surya Foods has a responsibility to act to reduce our impact on the planet and if you are passionate about sustainability and believe you have the relevant skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!