Technical Projects Manager (Food Manufacturing) – Part Time / 6 month contract, Harwich – Essex
- Job Title : Technical projects Manager (Food manufacturing)
- Reporting to : Group Head of technical
- Hours/Days of Work : 3 days a week, 6 month contract with the potential of extension if required.
- Salary : Competitive
We are looking for a Technical Projects Manager to work with our team and help us lead current technical implementation projects.
The ideal candidate will report to the Group Head of Technical and lead the current technical implementation projects around the site.
You will have a great understanding and experience of BRC standards, UK retailer standards and UK and EU legislation. The candidate will have a proven record of project managing in the food industry and delivering successful change within the agreed timelines. To be successful in this role you will be able to build strong relationships across teams and demonstrate your ability to be flexible, adaptable and have a super keen eye for detail.
The Key responsibilities for the role will be:
- Create gap analysis against different standards or requirements.
- Lead and manage technical implementation projects across the site.
- Communicate clearly and work with the relevant key stakeholders on site.
- Create projects trackers and lead project meeting with the relevant key stakeholders.
- You will to have had past experience of working as Project Manager within FMCG
- Be involved in problem solving and trouble shooting, when appropriate.
- Ability to be flexible and change direction as and when necessary to suit the needs of the business.
- Awareness of Food Industry Technology improvements and apply to projects as applicable to drive efficiency improvements and ensure Best Practice.
- Be influential, articulate and persuasive, a relationship builder- establishing credibility with both internal and external contacts at all levels.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.