Training Coordinator (Part Time) – Harwich, Essex
- Job Title : Training coordinator
- Reporting to : Group Head of technical
- Hours/Days of Work : Part time, 3 days a week (8 hours a day)
- Salary : Pro-rata – 25k
We are looking for a Training Coordinator to work with our team and help us manage the current training requirements on site.
The ideal candidate will report to the Group Head of Technical and help review, manage and lead the current training programme on site.
The Key responsibilities for the role will be:
- Liaise with relevant departmental managers to ensure all statutory training is carried out as required.
- Liaise with training companies to ensure training delivered achieves requirements.
- Create and manage training matrix for each department.
- Keep up to date with any legislation/regulations that impact training content
- Review and monitor training effectiveness to ensure skills and knowledge are being applied
- Organise and support training requirements liaising with internal/external resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills in all areas of Microsoft office and windows
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Proven experience in a similar role / experience of working in a project environment / systems administration.
- Training qualification (CIPD) beneficial but not essential
- Health & Safety / Food Safety / FMCG knowledge preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
To be successful in this role you will be able to build strong relationships across teams and demonstrate your ability to be flexible, adaptable and great communication skills.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.