Transport / Container Planner – Harwich, Essex
- Job Title: Transport / Container Planner
- Reporting To: Logistics Manager
- Hours of Work: Full Time / Permanent Primarily Monday to Friday (with occasional weekends)
- Salary: Dependent Upon Skills and Experience, to be discussed
We are looking for a Transport / Container Planner to join our fast-growing FMCG business. Reporting to the Logistics Manager you will play a key role in providing support to our busy Transportation and Logistics Department.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities include:
- Receive and process orders directly from customers
- Collate and verify details on IT based systems
- Deal with customers directly over the telephone and resolve any issues
- Be a main point of contact for sales team
- Process collections from customers
- Assist drivers with delivery / dispatch requirements
- Monitor status of deliveries and collections and report as necessary
- Support the Logistics Manager
Skills / Experience required:
- Experience of working in a similar environment is preferred (not essential)
- Opportunity for career development
- Well organised
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Computer literate (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to interpret orders
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Be able to multitask
- Work well and remain professional when under pressure
- Excellent customer services skills
This will be suitable for you if you are an experienced, reliable administrator who has an eye for detail. So if you possess the necessary skills and qualities required, we would love to hear from you!
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.