WANTED! Forklift Driver (Factory), Harwich, Essex
Do you have a valid Forklift Licence?
Do you have previous experience and knowledge of working in a warehouse / factory environment?
Are you physically fit and able to lift goods?
If so, read on!
- Rate of pay: £9.50 p/h (Dependent on Experience in a Warehouse/Manufacturing environment)
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Hours/Days per week: 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday with the occasional Weekend
- Location: Harwich, Essex
- Other: Must be able to demonstrate right to work in the UK
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Operating Forklift truck around Rice factory
- Receiving and checking of goods inwards and outward
- Replenishment of stock
- Checking & reporting damaged stock
- General health and safety management
- Carrying out any reasonable requests made by the management team.
- Highly organised and capable of performing tasks to a very high standard
- Attention to detail & excellent levels of accuracy
- Excellent housekeeping skills
- A good team player with initiative
- Good communication skills
- Consistent safe working practices
- Driven with a positive “can do” attitude
- Free car parking
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Online payslips
- Pension contribution
- Staff Discounts after 6 months’ service
- Ongoing training will be provided
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind fastest growing UK rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%. We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland.
We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.