Warehouse Manager – Harwich, Essex.
Status: Full time/Permanent
Rate of Pay: Circa £10.50p per hour (Dependant Upon Skills and Experience)
Location: Harwich, Essex.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind Top 3* UK rice brand Laila basmati.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others.
In 2020 alone, we will be launching over 100 new products which is relevant to every sales channel as we look to dramatically expand our business in the next phase of our development as we now enter core mainstream categories as well as World Foods.
We are seeking a Warehouse Manager to lead our busy Warehouse operations at our 11 acre site in Harwich, Essex. Some shift work may be involved as part of the role.
- Lead the team
- Ensure processes and procedures are adhered to
- Organize order picking in timely manner- as per logistics plan
- Collate and verify details for despatch and goods in details
- One team approach with Logistics/transport, lorries leaving on time
- Warehouse management/Controlling Goods in/Making sure its accurately checked and booked/Stock movement control
- Keep warehouse standard maintained as per BRC requirements
- Despatch transport co-ordination
- Ensure health and safety standards are rigorously maintained
- Experience in warehouse management
- Well organised
- Good communicator
- Good people skills
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Computer literate (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to interpret orders
- Good numeracy skills
- Reach truck licence will be beneficial
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role we would love to hear from you.