Warehouse /Picker / Container Unloaders – Days / Nights, Harwich, Essex
Our company is looking for reliable and hardworking individuals to join our busy Warehouse Team on both day and night shifts.
- 9 or 10 hour shifts. Night hours can be discussed at interview stage
- Location: Harwich, Essex
- Salary from: £9.50 per hour + night premium when working nights
The role involves working with colleagues to ensure packed products are picked and loaded or unloaded as required whilst ensuring product quality and standards are maintained.
The majority of roles involve a degree of manual handling such as picking, loading or unloading.
Immediate starts can be arranged following successful interview.
Career development opportunities are available.
The role involves;
- Picking and packing orders accurately
- Manual handling, lifting and carrying (manual handling training is provided)
- Ensuring correct product/dates/batches are picked for specific customers
- Palletising and segregating products in a safe and secure manner
- Accurate completion of any relevant paperwork
- Work efficiently and effectively as part of a team
- Keep work areas clean and tidy adopting our ‘Clean as you go’ policy
- Achieve targets and job standards set out
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment desirable but not essential.
- Well organised and a good communicator
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Good numeracy and written skills
- Confident working in a team and independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Have a strong work ethic and passion in delivering high quality service
- Adhering to health and safety rules and promote a safe working environment
- Moving and manual handling required
- A friendly, positive approach to work.
- Flexibility to work overtime if required.
- Full training will be provided (Food Safety / Manual Handling etc)
- Significant discounts for staff and family for stays and food at our Surya group of hotels (after 6 months’ service)
- 5.6 weeks of holiday per year (28 days Paid Annual Leave for a Full Time)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Online payslips and holiday management
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £9.50 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability