Yard Person Wanted, Harwich, Essex
We are seeking an experienced Yard Person, based at our 11 acre site, Harwich, Essex to assist with general yard duties.
- Salary: Competitive / Negotiable
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Hours/Days per week: 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday with the occasional weekend work
- Location: Harwich
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- General yard duties: cutting / trimming hedges/ cutting grass / attending to weeds around perimeter of our 11 acre site.
- Manual handling, lifting as part of a team.
- Keeping the site/ yard and warehouse tidy and organised
- Removal of rubbish/waste around the site/yard
- Removing damaged pallets
- Ensuring pallets are stacked, neat and tidy and in a safe manner paying attention to current health and safety procedures
- Maintaining and adhering to guidelines as set out by our (Standard Operative Procedures) SOPs.
- To ensure segregation of waste at all times
- To ensure all the external areas are organised etc
- Forklift licence desirable
- Health & Safety awareness
Ideal candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
- Have experience working in a similar Yard/Grounds person role
- A good team player with initiative
- Consistent safe working practices
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Driven with a positive “can do” attitude
- Have a good understanding of a FMCG environment / Factory/ manufacturing industry
- Free car parking
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Online payslips
- Pension contribution
- Staff Discounts after 6 months’ service
If you have the necessary skills we would love you to apply.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind fastest growing UK rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.