Personal Assistant to the Managing Director (minimum 12 month maternity cover)
- Status: Minimum 12 months, potentially longer (to be discussed)
- Location: Harwich, Essex (Site Based)
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours per week (1 hour for lunch each day)
Surya foods is a family owned and run food manufacturing operation in Harwich, Essex. We are seeking an individual with a proactive, organised approach to provide maternity cover.
You will have a positive mindset and will thrive in a role that can be reactive at times.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has continued to work throughout the Pandemic, and has adapted to continue to provide first class service.
Provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Managing Director to ensure the smooth management of his day to day affairs, and most effective use of his time. Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take initiative as appropriate especially in the Director’s absence.
- Manage Director’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage Director’s travel arrangements (including visas/accommodation)
- Maintain Director’s office systems and filing.
- Take part in teams calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist Director in chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Organise meetings and ensure that Director is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, minute taking.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Assist in organising hotel bookings and travel arrangements for Management staff
- Organise and assemble the weekly report for the Managing Director to review
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced Personal Assistant at senior management level
- Experience of diary management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external to the business
- Ability to organise and plan own work.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you believe you have the necessary skills then we would love to hear form you.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they currently have the Right to Work in the UK.