Category Buyer, Essex, UK
Established in the 1980’s, Surya, part of Flying Trade Group is a rapidly expanding family owned business with a £168 million annual turnover and 1458 strong employee base. With our flagship Laila brand, 17 quality grains, 200k tones milling capacity and BRC A grade facility, we are a major Global Foods supplier in the Asian, Oriental, European and Afro-Caribbean sectors. Expanding fast into mainstream FMCG territory.
The Category Buyer role at Surya Foods involves being responsible for all procurement and purchasing, therefore experience in cross functional buying such as; Frozen, Ambient, Chilled, Beverages etc and experience of World Foods is advantageous.
This is a full-time on-site role located in Harwich, England although hybrid may be considered for the right candidate.
The Category Buyer will collaborate with other departments to ensure that relevant goods are ordered, delivered on time, and at an optimum cost, while maintaining the quality standard.
Fantastic company benefits include:
- Competitive Salary is on offer DOE / Skills
- Holiday:28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Pension: Company pension
- Free Parking: Provide onsite free parking
- Employee extras such as: discounted or free food, employee discounts within the group, referral programme
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a Category Buying role with a proven track record of effective negotiation and purchasing is essential
- Experience of World Foods is advantageous
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience with Program Theoretical Optimal Price (T.O.P) management technique will be considered an asset.